For some, the thought of renting a limousine may appear out of reach. However, with so many free and inexpensive attractions in Southern California, hiring a chauffeured car can not only be within your budget, it also can enhance any celebration. Whether celebrating a child’s birthday, anniversary, or any other special event, here is inspiration on some of the best things to do to give your overall budget a rest.
- Griffith Park – Los Angeles. With the huge success of the Academy Award nominated movie, La La Land, hire a limousine and take your date to Griffith Park at Mount Hollywood, the location of one of the most talked about and romantic scenes in the movie. While we are not giving out any spoilers, here you can hike through the wooded canyons, view the historic miniature train rides, the circa 1925 carousel, the Museum of the American West and most of all, Griffith Observatory. You can even picnic among the magnificent landscaping. All are either low cost or free!
- Walt Disney Concert Hall – Los Angeles, Segerstrom Center of the Arts – Orange County. Do you have a music aficionado that you would love to treat to a concert? Fortunately, these two venues frequently offer free or inexpensive tickets. At the Walt Disney Concert Hall, consider taking a docent led, free tour inside and throughout the gardens. Every season at Disney Hall, there are approximately 60 productions that offer $20 tickets, with two the limit. At Segerstrom Center, you can also find attractions and some children productions, starting at $10 per ticket as well.
- Getty Museum – Los Angeles. Admission to the Getty Museum is always free, and this is an ideal and inexpensive way to spend the day for those that love spectacular architecture design, beautiful gardens, panoramic views of Los Angeles and some of the most revered art in the world. Situated on a hilltop in the Santa Monica Mountains on 110 sprawling acres, here you can take tours, dine and soak in the atmosphere.
- Tour John Wayne Airport – Orange County. Do you have a child in your family that is fascinated with airplanes and flying? Take your pilot to be on a guided tour (many are private pilots, teachers and executives who donate their time), and enjoy a grand tour with explanations on how planes fly, historical photos, the Wright Brother’s flights, flight display monitors, and more. The last stop offers an area where you can view planes taking off and landing.
- A Day At Laguna Beach – Laguna Beach. There is so much to do in this exclusive coastal Orange County town that cost absolutely nothing, such as a visit to the Woods Cove Tide Pools, where you will see a variety of marine life. Enjoy the numerous attractions and art galleries that have seen world wide recognition and feature traditional fine art, contemporary, pottery, sculpture and so much more. Enjoy a picnic at one of their many parks, some of the most popular being Crystal Cove and Heisler Park. If you are a wine aficionado, visit the Laguna Canyon Winery, where they have daily wine tastings (closed on Mondays) at no charge.
- Ice Skating – The Rinks Anaheim: With public skating admission at $11 for adults, and $7 for children, (add $4 more for rentals), here is an inexpensive way to have fun. Added attractions include AI Nights! Every public skating session on Friday and Saturday nights, from 9;30-11:30 will feature modern dance like music and lighting. Check the website for additional information.
Spending a fortune on special events or celebrations is not necessary in order to have fun. It’s sometimes the extra features you include that make a difference. Personalizing your limousine experience can create lasting memories! Add balloons, your favorite beverages and food! From a cost standpoint, a limousine is less expensive than you may think, especially if you are enjoying any of the trips mentioned above, or creating your own affordable getaway or party. So take advantage of all the low cost attractions Orange County and the surrounding areas offer, and sit back and enjoy the ride with The Perfect Limo.