St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated by most everyone whether you are Irish or not. What originally started out as a feast day for the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick, was actually a very tame holiday in Ireland when pubs even closed on March 17th. Today, many wear green and eat, drink and be merry.
Orange County is home to some of the best Irish pubs in Southern California, so what better way to spend St. Patrick’s Day than with a traditional pub crawl. Gather some of your friends, coworkers, or family, and enjoy a chauffeured limousine to the pubs of your choice. Not sure what’s available in the Orange County area? Here are a list of just some of our favorites – all of them will be fully decked out and celebrating in the traditional Irish style!
- Branagan’s Irish Pub – This classic, traditional pub is located in the heart of downtown Fullerton. With over 30 different beers, including many imported straight from Ireland, classic Irish menu fare such as lamb stew, and corned beef and cabbage, along with a whiskey selection said to be the largest in the Orange county area, you won’t go wrong making this pub a must visit on St. Patrick’s Day.
- The Harp Inn – Calling itself the “most authentic Irish pub in Orange County,” the Harp Inn is tucked away in downtown Costa Mesa. Offering music, hearty pub food (bangers anyone?), a variety of Irish beers naturally and much more, this 20 year old establishment has an energetic atmosphere that truly knows how to celebrate its Irish heritage.
- Silky Sullivan’s Restaurant and Irish Pub – named for Silky Sullivan (1955-1977) which has been called the greatest “come from behind” stretch runner in horse racing history, this iconic restaurant and bar was voted best Irish Pub in Orange County by CitySearch. Established 28 years ago, here you will find spirits, a wide selection of beers, a varied menu, music and dancing. Located in the old Fountain Valley Post Office, add this to your St. Patrick’s Day pub crawl.
- Muldoon’s Irish Pub – Located in Newport Beach, this one of a kind Irish pub opened its ivy covered doors in 1974. While Muldoon’s boasts two distinct pubs, outdoor patio and quaint dining room, it’s ambiance is pure Ireland. With music, fireplace, great food from the motherland, as well as amazing drinks not to mention a wide selection of Irish beers, this popular spot will be packed this St. Patrick’s Day with those seeking a truly memorable celebration.
- Malarky’s Irish Pub – With their motto, “There are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t yet met,” by William Butler Yeats, Malarky’s is a festive Irish pub that offers great fun year round, but particularly on St. Patrick’s Day. In the past, they have had bagpipers walk the tables while guests toast with their whiskey, green beer or their favorite beverage. A few years ago Malarky’s went under new ownership and did some redecorating, including installing a traditional copper bar.
How else can you heighten your Irish pub crawl this St. Patrick’s Day? Make sure you and your guests are decked out in your green attire, and make a playlist of traditional Irish party music to listen in your reserved limousine. Here are some songs worth downloading:
- Whiskey in a Jar by The Dubliners.
- Finnegan’s Wake by Christy Moore
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
- Whiskey’s Bailey’s Guinness – BarleyJuice
- Drink It Up Men – The Dubliners
- Beer, Beer, Beer – The Clancy Brothers
- Dicey Riley – The Dublin City Ramblers
- The Rocky Road To Dublin – The High Kings
Finally, and with any special event, leave the driving to the professionals. Let The Perfect Limo pick you up at your destination, and get you safely home. Without a doubt, St. Patrick’s Day should be enjoyed as it is intended, celebrating with good friends in a comfortable environment.
For some, the thought of renting a limousine may appear out of reach. However, with so many free and inexpensive attractions in Southern California, hiring a chauffeured car can not only be within your budget, it also can enhance any celebration. Whether celebrating a child’s birthday, anniversary, or any other special event, here is inspiration on some of the best things to do to give your overall budget a rest.
- Griffith Park – Los Angeles. With the huge success of the Academy Award nominated movie, La La Land, hire a limousine and take your date to Griffith Park at Mount Hollywood, the location of one of the most talked about and romantic scenes in the movie. While we are not giving out any spoilers, here you can hike through the wooded canyons, view the historic miniature train rides, the circa 1925 carousel, the Museum of the American West and most of all, Griffith Observatory. You can even picnic among the magnificent landscaping. All are either low cost or free!
- Walt Disney Concert Hall – Los Angeles, Segerstrom Center of the Arts – Orange County. Do you have a music aficionado that you would love to treat to a concert? Fortunately, these two venues frequently offer free or inexpensive tickets. At the Walt Disney Concert Hall, consider taking a docent led, free tour inside and throughout the gardens. Every season at Disney Hall, there are approximately 60 productions that offer $20 tickets, with two the limit. At Segerstrom Center, you can also find attractions and some children productions, starting at $10 per ticket as well.
- Getty Museum – Los Angeles. Admission to the Getty Museum is always free, and this is an ideal and inexpensive way to spend the day for those that love spectacular architecture design, beautiful gardens, panoramic views of Los Angeles and some of the most revered art in the world. Situated on a hilltop in the Santa Monica Mountains on 110 sprawling acres, here you can take tours, dine and soak in the atmosphere.
- Tour John Wayne Airport – Orange County. Do you have a child in your family that is fascinated with airplanes and flying? Take your pilot to be on a guided tour (many are private pilots, teachers and executives who donate their time), and enjoy a grand tour with explanations on how planes fly, historical photos, the Wright Brother’s flights, flight display monitors, and more. The last stop offers an area where you can view planes taking off and landing.
- A Day At Laguna Beach – Laguna Beach. There is so much to do in this exclusive coastal Orange County town that cost absolutely nothing, such as a visit to the Woods Cove Tide Pools, where you will see a variety of marine life. Enjoy the numerous attractions and art galleries that have seen world wide recognition and feature traditional fine art, contemporary, pottery, sculpture and so much more. Enjoy a picnic at one of their many parks, some of the most popular being Crystal Cove and Heisler Park. If you are a wine aficionado, visit the Laguna Canyon Winery, where they have daily wine tastings (closed on Mondays) at no charge.
- Ice Skating – The Rinks Anaheim: With public skating admission at $11 for adults, and $7 for children, (add $4 more for rentals), here is an inexpensive way to have fun. Added attractions include AI Nights! Every public skating session on Friday and Saturday nights, from 9;30-11:30 will feature modern dance like music and lighting. Check the website for additional information.
Spending a fortune on special events or celebrations is not necessary in order to have fun. It’s sometimes the extra features you include that make a difference. Personalizing your limousine experience can create lasting memories! Add balloons, your favorite beverages and food! From a cost standpoint, a limousine is less expensive than you may think, especially if you are enjoying any of the trips mentioned above, or creating your own affordable getaway or party. So take advantage of all the low cost attractions Orange County and the surrounding areas offer, and sit back and enjoy the ride with The Perfect Limo.
The holiday season has arrived and there truly is nothing more magical than seeing the lights and decorations throughout Orange County and the surrounding area. From celebrations to parades to tours, this is the time of year where the festivities are nonstop and lifelong memories are made.
To honor this time of year, here are some of the top events happening in the area. Mark your calendars and make your event more special by booking your transportation needs now. Continue reading “Tis the Season! Magical Holiday Tour Ideas”
Schedule a Halloween Tour of Orange County’s Best Haunted Houses
After a long, hot summer, it’s always nice when Fall arrives. With the cooler weather approaching, it’s time to start thinking of the holidays, and Halloween is just around the corner. Did you know that Americans spend over eight billion dollars a year on this holiday? Everyone it seems, wants to celebrate, and we are here to make this Halloween even more scary…er special.
Haunted Houses are all over Orange County with more and more popping up each year. This October, why not take it a step further and schedule a Haunted House Tour by reserving a limousine or party bus for your family and friends? Let us take you to some of the most noteworthy and scary haunts all in one fabulous evening! This celebration puts a unique and fun spin on birthdays, or any other special event. Bring your favorite Halloween inspired beverages and snacks, and we promise to get you there! Though we can’t promise what will happen to you once you enter these haunted dwellings!
Here is a sample of Haunted Houses in Orange County. Please note that not all locations have announced their 2016 schedule.
Continue reading “Ready for a Halloween Scare?”
There is no doubt that Orange County has some of the best craft breweries anywhere. While home to many gastropubs, including both inland and near the beach, arriving safely is all important. Booking a limousine for your craft beer tour is certainly the way to go. Here, we can map out your travel offer, let you enjoy the experience with your guests and not people you don’t know, and get you to your destinations with a professional chauffeur.
Here are just a few of the breweries that we love and recommend. This is a popular way to celebrate birthdays, office parties, bachelor and bachelorette parties, anniversaries, or simply surprising your craft beer aficionado with a day experiencing the best Orange County has to offer. So grab your growler and book your brew crawl!
Continue reading “Discover Orange County’s Best Breweries in Comfort and Style”