The holiday season has arrived and there truly is nothing more magical than seeing the lights and decorations throughout Orange County and the surrounding area. From celebrations to parades to tours, this is the time of year where the festivities are nonstop and lifelong memories are made.
To honor this time of year, here are some of the top events happening in the area. Mark your calendars and make your event more special by booking your transportation needs now.
Newport Beach Annual Boat Parade – December 14 – 18, 2016
This year honors the 108th annual holiday boat parade where everything from yachts, boats, even kayaks and canoes are decked out in an amazing display of lights and sail along the bay. Each evening, thousands of people line up for this free event, which means parking can be difficult. To see this one of a kind display, gather your friends and family and make reservations with a party bus or limousine and witness this parade how it’s meant to be seen: stress free! Other suggestions, reserve VIP seating or view from available restaurants. For additional information: http:www/christmasboatparade.com
Street of Lights – Dates Vary
Every city has one, that house or neighborhood that takes holiday decorations to a whole new level. While at the time of this writing, details for 2016 were not yet available, in the past several years, there are plenty of homes that must be seen to be believed. For example, one of the best south Orange County displays in recent years is located in Lake Forest. Two homes blink over 80,000 lights to music over FM 89.7. http://lakeforestchristmas.com or Bobscreativedisplays.com
Other communities with eye popping light work include:
- Eagle Hill Christmas Lights in Brea has offered in the past an amazing display of lights throughout various streets.
- Fountain Valley at 16801 Euclid at Mile High Park, you can drive through the neighborhood at Brookhurst and Heil Street where one house is known for decorating with over 65,000 lights alone!
- The Nellie Gail Road community in Laguna Hills have seen more than 120,000 Christmas lights choreographed in the past. Lights dance to festive music thanks to this Orange County neighborhood who take decorations to a whole new level.
Major Holiday Attractions
No doubt, Orange County’s top amusement parks get into the holiday season in a very big way. Disneyland and California Adventure are not to be missed. Starting November 10, you will see Festival of Holidays, Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle with magical snowfalls, A Christmas Fantasy Parade, and old favorites will be dressed up, including It’s A Small World Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Jingle Cruise.
- Knotts Berry Farm, or rather, Knott’s Merry Farm as it’s called this time of the year, offers live entertainment, Christmas crafts, spectacular holiday decorations, nightly tree lighting and ice show.
- Universal Studios hosts “Grinchmas” with caroling, incredible Suess-like decorations, a 60 foot tree, story time as well as a nighttime studio tour with the Whos as they sing and dance their way through the backlot Grinchmas celebration.
- In Carlsbad, California, the holidays will be in full swing at Legoland, with music, twinkling lights, nightly snowfall, and full sized lego brick Santa and Reindeer.
- A little further south, the San Diego Zoo has “Jungle Bells” where the zoo is aglow with holiday cheer, and Sea World offers Christmas shows, Rudolph, Santa’s Cottage, The Christmas Village, and Christmas Tree of Lights.
Family Fun Annual Traditions
Nothing says the holidays like cold weather, hot chocolate, and music. While Orange County is not known for its snowy weather, we like to celebrate just the same with ice skating, Christmas shows and concerts. Here is what’s coming up this year.
- Ice skate at any one of these great outdoor rinks: Olaf’s Frozen Rink in Downtown Disney, Irvine Spectrum, and The Chill located at Queen Mary which also offers Glacier Glide Ice Tubing Luge, North Pole Village and Swingin’ Sleigh Ride.
- Segerstrom Center for the Arts will be offering several holiday programs, including Nutcracker for Kids, Vienna Boys Choir, Christmas Fantasia, Nutcracker (original version), Holiday Organ Spectacular, Elf, Tis the Season and more.
By reserving a limousine with The Perfect Limo & Sedan for the holidays, you are ensuring that everyone in your party is guaranteed a great time. With no worries regarding traffic, parking, or drinking, this is a safe yet memorable way to celebrate the holidays. Grab your favorite beverage and snacks, whether it be hot chocolate, hot toddy, Christmas cookies, candy canes or anything else, add a stop for dinner, perhaps a trip to see Santa or do some shopping, and enjoy this very special time of year!