St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated by most everyone whether you are Irish or not. What originally started out as a feast day for the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick, was actually a very tame holiday in Ireland when pubs even closed on March 17th. Today, many wear green and eat, drink and be merry.
Orange County is home to some of the best Irish pubs in Southern California, so what better way to spend St. Patrick’s Day than with a traditional pub crawl. Gather some of your friends, coworkers, or family, and enjoy a chauffeured limousine to the pubs of your choice. Not sure what’s available in the Orange County area? Here are a list of just some of our favorites – all of them will be fully decked out and celebrating in the traditional Irish style!
- Branagan’s Irish Pub – This classic, traditional pub is located in the heart of downtown Fullerton. With over 30 different beers, including many imported straight from Ireland, classic Irish menu fare such as lamb stew, and corned beef and cabbage, along with a whiskey selection said to be the largest in the Orange county area, you won’t go wrong making this pub a must visit on St. Patrick’s Day.
- The Harp Inn – Calling itself the “most authentic Irish pub in Orange County,” the Harp Inn is tucked away in downtown Costa Mesa. Offering music, hearty pub food (bangers anyone?), a variety of Irish beers naturally and much more, this 20 year old establishment has an energetic atmosphere that truly knows how to celebrate its Irish heritage.
- Silky Sullivan’s Restaurant and Irish Pub – named for Silky Sullivan (1955-1977) which has been called the greatest “come from behind” stretch runner in horse racing history, this iconic restaurant and bar was voted best Irish Pub in Orange County by CitySearch. Established 28 years ago, here you will find spirits, a wide selection of beers, a varied menu, music and dancing. Located in the old Fountain Valley Post Office, add this to your St. Patrick’s Day pub crawl.
- Muldoon’s Irish Pub – Located in Newport Beach, this one of a kind Irish pub opened its ivy covered doors in 1974. While Muldoon’s boasts two distinct pubs, outdoor patio and quaint dining room, it’s ambiance is pure Ireland. With music, fireplace, great food from the motherland, as well as amazing drinks not to mention a wide selection of Irish beers, this popular spot will be packed this St. Patrick’s Day with those seeking a truly memorable celebration.
- Malarky’s Irish Pub – With their motto, “There are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t yet met,” by William Butler Yeats, Malarky’s is a festive Irish pub that offers great fun year round, but particularly on St. Patrick’s Day. In the past, they have had bagpipers walk the tables while guests toast with their whiskey, green beer or their favorite beverage. A few years ago Malarky’s went under new ownership and did some redecorating, including installing a traditional copper bar.
How else can you heighten your Irish pub crawl this St. Patrick’s Day? Make sure you and your guests are decked out in your green attire, and make a playlist of traditional Irish party music to listen in your reserved limousine. Here are some songs worth downloading:
- Whiskey in a Jar by The Dubliners.
- Finnegan’s Wake by Christy Moore
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
- Whiskey’s Bailey’s Guinness – BarleyJuice
- Drink It Up Men – The Dubliners
- Beer, Beer, Beer – The Clancy Brothers
- Dicey Riley – The Dublin City Ramblers
- The Rocky Road To Dublin – The High Kings
Finally, and with any special event, leave the driving to the professionals. Let The Perfect Limo pick you up at your destination, and get you safely home. Without a doubt, St. Patrick’s Day should be enjoyed as it is intended, celebrating with good friends in a comfortable environment.
There is no doubt that you want your wedding day to be spectacular, free from worries and undue stress. After all, this is a day most couples have been dreaming and talking about for as long as they can remember. Therefore, it’s critical when planning this milestone to make transportation reservations as early as possible. Why? Arriving to a ceremony late, unexpected glitches and miscommunication can start the day off to an awkward start, not only for the bridal party, but for the guests as well.
Here are our suggestions for a fun, relaxing and memorable wedding day.
Reserve, Reserve, Reserve! Continue reading “Reserve Your Wedding Limousine Early”
Planning surprise birthday parties can certainly be fun, but also stressful. Chances are you want to organize an event that is memorable, and perhaps a little unique and out of the ordinary. Whether it be a celebration for a teenager or a senior citizen, all occasions should be a treat which everyone will remember for a lifetime. And while it doesn’t have to be a full blown party, even romantic celebrations for two are often the best, a creative touch is always appreciated. Of course, we have the perfect vehicle for any of your party needs!
Trip Down Memory Lane Continue reading “Birthday Ideas that are One of a Kind”
The holiday season has arrived and there truly is nothing more magical than seeing the lights and decorations throughout Orange County and the surrounding area. From celebrations to parades to tours, this is the time of year where the festivities are nonstop and lifelong memories are made.
To honor this time of year, here are some of the top events happening in the area. Mark your calendars and make your event more special by booking your transportation needs now. Continue reading “Tis the Season! Magical Holiday Tour Ideas”
Chances are you, or someone you know, has an Uber app on their smartphone. It’s not uncommon to hear “Let’s take Uber,” before reserving a car. However, there are quite a few significant differences between a luxury car service and Uber that may be worth considering next time you need transportation. Here are just a few reasons why selecting a professional limousine company might be more convenient for your lifestyle and budget.
Continue reading “Selecting an Executive Sedan over Uber”
Schedule a Halloween Tour of Orange County’s Best Haunted Houses
After a long, hot summer, it’s always nice when Fall arrives. With the cooler weather approaching, it’s time to start thinking of the holidays, and Halloween is just around the corner. Did you know that Americans spend over eight billion dollars a year on this holiday? Everyone it seems, wants to celebrate, and we are here to make this Halloween even more scary…er special.
Haunted Houses are all over Orange County with more and more popping up each year. This October, why not take it a step further and schedule a Haunted House Tour by reserving a limousine or party bus for your family and friends? Let us take you to some of the most noteworthy and scary haunts all in one fabulous evening! This celebration puts a unique and fun spin on birthdays, or any other special event. Bring your favorite Halloween inspired beverages and snacks, and we promise to get you there! Though we can’t promise what will happen to you once you enter these haunted dwellings!
Here is a sample of Haunted Houses in Orange County. Please note that not all locations have announced their 2016 schedule.
Continue reading “Ready for a Halloween Scare?”
Essential Wedding Tips for Your Summer Wedding
The summer months are traditionally the most popular time for weddings especially in California. With the warm temps, sunny skies, and blooming flowers, there’s no question why most couples get married during this time of year. If you are in the midst of planning your summer wedding, we’ve got some helpful tips you can use when planning your wedding transportation.
Consider transportation for your wedding guests. Don’t leave your wedding guests to sweat it out in the warm summer sun. Take plenty of time to look over your wedding day itinerary. To determine if it would make sense to arrange for transportation for your wedding guests at certain points during the day. In the hot summer months especially, wedding guests will appreciate being shuttled to and from their hotels. Door to door service is a nice accommodation and limo buses tend to work well for this type of need.
Continue reading “Summer Wedding Transportation Tips”